You know that feeling… You take a bite of something.. And you close your eyes because your gonna cry with joy.. This is that recipe. If we could meet, I would be rewarded with grateful hugs for this. It’s bread. It’s Nutella. It’s baked to golden brown perfection. What’s not to love. This is feed your soul kinda food. And why not.. Because if you are reading this, then you are definitely not the person who thinks food is just fuel…
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Nutella for filling
- Milk for brushing the bread before baking
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, yeast and whisk till evenly distributed.
- Add the warm milk and melted butter and mix. If it’s dry add warm water, a tbsp at a time till it come together into a dough.
- Knead briefly till the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1 – 2 hours (totally depends on ambient temperature in your kitchen).
- Once risen, punch the dough back. Flour the surface and roll the dough into a rectangle (18′ by 12′).
- Spread the Nutella and roll from the longer side.
- At this point you can make one large braided bread or mini braided breads like I have. Whichever way you go, the braiding method is the same.
- Cut the log into four portions. Take one log and slit it in the middle to reveal the Nutella and layers. Twist the dough halves so that the Nutella side is facing you.
- Now braid the two halves one over the other till you reach the end. Pinch the end to seal. Now roll this twisted bread to make a bun and tuck the open ends on the under side, so you can see the layers and braid on top.
- Place these on a lined tray and allow to prove for half hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Brush the breads with some milk on top. Place in the middle rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180C and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes, before taking a bite of this gorgeousness.
If bread is life, Nutella bread is it's soul !!