Be it any festival we women always have more to do. Be it the cooking for the religious festivities, the guests or everything that comes along with it. All this calls for energy. And lots of it. For Diwali, we do make lots of sweets. But when we are in the thick of it, eating those actually cause a sugar crash and make us sleepy. But not these. They are made with ingredients that will give you sustainable energy and in the spirit of Diwali, filled with the most delicious Strawberry and Raspberry Preserve from The Gourmet Jar. It’s delicious, filling and super healthy. If you don’t have rose petals, roll them in coconut or some crushed nuts. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did.
The preserve itself is almost jelly like. It’s made with organic ingredients and so pure tasting, it’s amazing. Preserves generally have a host of preservatives and artificial flavourings. But The Gourmet Jar preserves are made with quality ingredients, that i know are good for me and my kids. I have made use of their Almond Honey that I used in Almond Honey Cookies . You didn’t think I’d make you buy a bottle of something just for one recipe, did you ?? : )
Ingredients : (Makes 6 – 8 ladoos)
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 20 Almonds
- 2 tbsp Almond Honey
- Chopped Almonds
- Dried Rose Petals
- Blitz the rose petals in a mixer till crumb like. Do not over blitz.
- In the same mixer grind dates, almonds, honey till they come together in a clump.
- Take it out in a bowl, add chopped almonds.
- Take a small piece in your hand, flatten slightly, add little preserve and roll.
- Now toss the rolled ladoo in the rose petal mix.
- Place in an airtight container.
Healthy Diwali Ladoos !!