When you crave something satisfying simple and spicy then this is the dish. Traditionally no cheese is added to the dish. I like to keep it that way. With just 5 ingredients including the pasta, it comes together in the time it takes to make the pasta, which includes the chopping. Isn’t that cool? A hot bowl of this is enough to make you feel instantly better.
Ingredients : Serves 2
- 75gm Pasta per person
- 1 tsp Red chillies
- 4 – 6 cloves of Garlic
- Basil or Coriander as desired
- Olive Oil
- In a large pan boil enough water for the pasta and salt generously.
- Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, add chopped garlic. Turn the flame on and allow to come to a sizzle.
- Once slightly browned, add chopped dried red chilli or chilli flakes.
- Add chopped coriander or basil. Stir.
- Add cooked pasta along with some of the cooking starchy water. Toss till creamy and smooth.
- Adjust salt. Finish with some more fresh herbs.
- Make sure you add garlic to cold oil so it has a chance to cook and brown slowly.
- If you desire, add grated parmesan to taste.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication !