Soft, fluffy and filled with chocolate chunks, this muffin is dreamy as it is delicious.
School is almost coming to an end and I am losing my hold on packed lunches. So ready for a break right now. But the great thing about baking something during the weekend is, I don’t have to worry about the short break snacks for the coming week. It sounds like meal prep and makes me feel very organised which is a big bonus.
Ingredients : Makes 12 to 15 muffins
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 3 small Ripe Bananas
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a muffin pan with butter. Reserve a tbsp of the chocolate chunks in a bowl.
- In a bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, the rest of the chocolate chunks. Toss with a fork.
- In another bowl, add butter, sugars, mashed banana, vanilla essence, yogurt and flax egg. Whisk till smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold. Let the batter be slightly lumpy, it creates lighter muffins.
- Scoop into the pan and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.Once you remove the pan from the oven carefully place the reseved chocolate chunks in the crevices of the muffin for an elegant finish.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan. Once cool, loosen the sides with a butter knife and release the muffin.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer and thaw in the microwave for 20 seconds when needed.
- Flax egg is 3 tbsp water : 1.5 tbsp Flax seed powder
- Nuts of choice can be added to the muffin batter.
- Use paper liners if prepared.
- If you don’t want to use paper liners, grease the muffin pans well including the tops of pan to ensure the batter doesn’t stick even if it rises up quite a bit.
Go Bananas !!