These blondies are moist, flavourful and filled with good for you ingredients. I think brownies have had their day in the sun, it’s time to give these a shot. They are eggless too. That’s an added advantage.
I believe in small batch baking. For one, you get to bake more often and no matter how good what you bake is, kids always want something new ever so often. So small batches make sure they do not get bored.
RECIPE : ( MAKES 9 BARS )
- 1/3 cup (75 gms) Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup (113 gms) chopped White Chocolate
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 (120 ml)cup milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 (100 gms)cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup (80 gms) Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8th tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Chopped Walnuts
- Chopped Apricots
- Preheat Oven to 180C. Line a 7inch square pan with baking parchment.
- In a bowl add milk and vinegar and set aside for 15 mins.
- In another bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Toss Walnuts and apricots in the flour.
- In a heat proof bowl add butter and white chocolate. Melt together in a microwave or double boiler. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the milk mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk till frothy and fluffy.
- Add flour and fold gently.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container up to a week.