Rustic yet decadent French dessert that celebrates the seasons finest cherries. Served with a scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream, its the ultimate French patisserie experience without any of the dough rolling.
RECIPE ( YIELDS 4 TO 6 SERVINGS )
- 1/2 cup ( 60gms ) Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp ( 15gms ) Corn Flour
- 1/2 cup ( 113gms ) Castor Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp ( 30gms ) Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp ( 30gms ) Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Pitted Cherries, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a 5″ by 3″ baking dish with butter.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, yolk, sugar, cream and melted butter till frothy and lighter in colour, about 5 mins.
- Add almond flour, corn flour, salt and mix to combine.
- Pour into the greased tray, top with the cherries and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool till slightly warm.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.