Zingy zesty and summery, lemon curd is the perfect condiment for your brunch or tea. Served best with scones, toasted bread or a beautiful pound cake.
RECIPE ( YIELDS 1/2 CUP ) :
- 1/4 cup ( 60ml ) Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 tbsp ( 45gms ) Unsalted Butter
- 1 yolk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ( 113gms ) Castor Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a bowl add lemon juice, sugar, zest, yolk, egg, salt. Whisk till slightly aerated.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and add butter.
- Turn on the flame to medium low and allow everything to melt slowly and come together.
- When the mixture starts to froth around the edges, keep stirring to ensure that the mix doesn’t curdle and cooks evenly.
- Keep stirring till the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Alternatively, pour a spoon of the curd on a plate and draw a line in the middle. If the line stays the curd id done.
- Transfer to a bowl, and place a cling film directly on top of the curd to avoid skin formation and allow to cool completely before transferring to a air tight jar.
- The lemon curd stays in the fridge for a month and frozen for about 3 months.