Weekdays need muffins. It’s as simple as that. No matter how many you have in your repertoire, its just never enough. This one has a tender crumb, a delicate chocolate flavor and perfect for that 4pm slump.
RECIPE ( MAKES 8 – 10 MUFFINS )
- 1/4 cup ( 56gms ) Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup ( 75gms ) Castor Sugar
- 1/4 cup ( 56gms ) Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup ( 80ml ) Whole Milk
- 1 cup ( 125gms ) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl add butter, sugars and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and beat further till aerated.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa and fork through.
- In a jug combine milk and vinegar.
- Add the flour and milk mixture alternatively to the butter mixture starting and finishing with flour.
- Scoop into the muffin pan and top with chocolate chips
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and allow cool for ten minutes before serving with a tall glass of milk.