Deep, dark and indulgent, these brownies make for the perfect pick me up over the weekend or a sinful weekday treat. Either way, they promise absolute satisfaction.
Recipe ( yields 4 standard brownie squares )
- 1.5 tbsp ( 20gms ) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup ( 50gms ) chopped dark chocolate
- 2.5 tbsp ( 35gms ) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup ( 113gms ) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a 4 inch square pan with non stick baking parchment
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave at 20 second intervals till melted. Allow to cool slightly before proceeding.
- Mix sugar and eggs to the chocolate and fork slightly.
- Add the flour, baking powder and fold till mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pan, top with white chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 18 to 20 mins or a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with sticky crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Serve as is or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- Make sure you don’t beat the brownie batter too much, this will make the batter rise too much and collapse.
- Mix just to combine and the brownie will be perfectly fudgy.