Deliciously creamy and slightly tangy, this baby potato curry tastes best with rotis and rice.
RECIPE ( Serves 4 )
- Baby Potatoes – 350 gms
- Onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Tomato Purée – 1/4 cup
- Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3tbsp
- In a pressure cooker add washed baby potatoes and 1 cup water. Allow to cook for 4 whistles. Depressurise naturally and peel the potatoes. Set aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the potatoes and allow to brown and crisp. Set aside in a plate.
- In the same pan add another 1 tbsp oil. Add the chopped onion. Sauté on medium flame till golden.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the chilli, coriander and turmeric powders. Sauté on low flame.
- Add the tomato purée and salt. Cook till the oil separates.
- Reduce the flame completely and add whisked yoghurt. Mix till fully incorporated. Increase the flame and continue mixing till the mixture bubbles.
- Add required water, cover and cook for a few mins.
- Add the roasted potato, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Garam masala, Kasuri methi, cream. Mix and allow to cook for a minute.
- Finish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with rotis, parathas or rice.